Graphic Design InternBookmark This
American Turf and Carpet
13707 Marquardt Ave
Santa Fe Springs, CA
DescriptionAmerican Turf and Carpet, the nation's largest provider of specialty carpet and turf for the event and tradeshow industries, is seeking a graphic design intern for their Custom Logo division.
We work with the industry’s leading designers and event planners to create beautifully handcrafted custom flooring for high-profile parties and red carpet events such as the Academy Awards, the Grammy’s, Hollywood film premieres, and more.
We are fortunate to be able to work on many projects of various sizes and nearly every genre. There is always something going on, something to be done, and plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge and understanding of event branding and marketing. Check out our website for more information: http://www.americanturfandcarpet.com/custom-carpet-designs.php
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include:
• Creating, updating, and maintaining artwork and proofs for custom flooring production.
• Setting up vector based artwork for output to laser cutting/engraving machine.
• Working in Illustrator and Photoshop to create layouts for marketing materials, such as consumer newsletters, promotional materials, signage.
• Designing photo-based training documents for internal use.
• The selected design intern will also be responsible for cleaning and organizing digital storage database.
Internship is available immediately and is unpaid. Potential for part-time or freelance hire during and/or after internship.
RequirementsA candidate fit for us:
• Major in Graphic Design, Web Design, or Visual Communication
• Proficient using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign programs.
• Knowledge of basic HTML is a plus, but not necessary.
• Creative and eager to learn.
• Must have own transportation - a reliable vehicle and clean driving record.