Graphic DesignerBookmark This
628 Hebron Avenue
DescriptionSymmetry Partners is a Securities & Exchange Commission registered investment advisory firm that offers portfolio management services to institutional investors (i.e. public plans, non-profits), retirement plans and the clients of registered financial advisors.
Our portfolios are designed to temper market uncertainty through broad global diversification. Symmetry clients are not high-risk investors, but rather those whose primary concern is preserving their wealth and realizing growth in their portfolio, all the while minimizing volatility, costs, and tax consequences.
ResponsibilitiesThe following part time intern position is available in our Marketing Department
GRAPHIC DESIGNER INTERN
• Assist Sr. Graphic Designer to develop and execute a wide range of design projects for external and internal audiences.
• Performs design, layout, planning and preparation of art work for application on a wide variety of product literature, displays, web applications, presentations, proposals, and similar graphics applications.
• Supports Marketing team efforts with working knowledge of related design applications (Adobe Creative Suite), video/audio production (including Final Cut Pro), printing processes, typography and image use.
• Understands Symmetry Brand guidelines, visual systems and maintaining core design standards across multiple mediums, including print and web.
• Assists to create, maintain, and protect brand assets, ensuring consistency and uniformity throughout Symmetry.
• Bachelor's degree candidate in art or design.
• Previous related internships or work related design experience.
• Knowledge of typography and typefaces, color sense, some understanding of color separation and correction procedures.
• Experience using Adobe’s Creative Suite especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of video and audio editing software, specifically Adobe’s Final Cut Pro.
• Experience in HTML, Java Script and Flash is a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; knowledge of Adobe’s Final Cut Pro is a plus.
This is a part time position; must be available to work 10-20 hours per week while school is in session. Additional hours may be available during school breaks. Rate: $13/hour
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org