Graphic & Web Design Virtual InternshipBookmark This
HelloYoga Co., Ltd.
HelloYoga is your shortcut to everything yoga in Japan!
Through HelloYoga.com and its associated social media channels, we aim to serve the yoga community by offering up-to-date information about the latest yoga trends and details about the top yoga teachers, studios and events in Japan, all sorted in an easy-to-use and transparent manner.
HelloYoga Co., Ltd. is a Tokyo-headquartered company offering a range of services for brands, yoga studio chains and fitness club chains seeking to reach our audience, the majority of which are affluent and highly educated women in Japan interested in yoga, travel, learning languages, holistic health, self improvement, eco-friendly lifestyle and natural beauty.
ABOUT THIS INTERNSHIP
Do you have a passion for graphic and web design? Are you creative, self-driven and capable of taking responsibility for your own work? Do you want a flexible internship where you don’t have to show up at an office everyday?
We are offering a fun and challenging virtual internship opportunity to work on real graphic and web design projects, gain authentic work experience and receive professional feedback on your work that will deepen your knowledge, help polish your skills and allow you to produce sophisticated designs at a higher standard than you ever thought possible for your portfolio.
WHAT WE OFFER
● International work experience
● Flexible work hours, working from home
● Assistance in improving your design portfolio
● Career counseling
● Consulting to helping you improve your resume and/or portfolio
● Opportunity to express your creativity in your designs
● A reference letter
ResponsibilitiesWe are currently planning the next generation of HelloYoga.com. Our goal is to make it the world’s leading online bilingual yoga community portal site, and this is where you come in. Your tasks will include the following.
● We have already designed some parts of the new site, so you’ll start off by studying and reviewing our designs (made with Photoshop) and their documentation (on Google Docs)
● Once you’re clear on everything, you’ll be making uncoded designs using Photoshop for each remaining section of the site
● The new site will have allow teachers and studios to login and manage their profiles, listings and other items, so you’ll be making designs for both the front and back-end
● The site will be fully responsive, so you’ll need to make versions of each design for desktop, tablet and mobile
● If we have time, we’d also like you to create a concept design for a mobile app
● There will be no coding or programming required from you
● Your designs will later guide our developer in actually building the new site, so he will know exactly what how it should look and function
● Documenting your work so that future designers and developers will be able to pick up where you left off
● Loves coming up with ideas and sharing them
● Creatively inspired
● Follows directions well
● Enjoys a combination of step-by-step, logical work and “outside-of-the-box” thinking
● Proactive, self-motivated and independent
● A love for simple, clean, user-friendly designs
● Capable of managing your own schedule
● You are at least 18 years old (there is no upper age limit)
● Class level: Undergraduate Junior, Senior, Graduate or Post-Graduate
● Laptop with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
● Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office
● A reliable Internet connection fast enough for Skype meetings where we’ll share screens to discuss your work and file sharing
● Fluency in oral and written English (Japanese ability is not required, but is a plus)
● Available to meet daily via Skype (usually at 8:30pm Japan time)
● Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (roughly 4 hours per day, 5 days per week) for a minimum period of 1 month
● This is an unpaid internship, so please apply only if you are able to receive college credit for your duties
We would be open to having an intern with a major or degree in any of the following disciplines (or their equivalents):
● Graphic Design
● Web Design
● Digital Communications and Multimedia
For full details, including our FAQ, please visit: