Interior Designer That Can Create 3d RenderingsSpace Sculpt
Footwear Deign and Development AssistantBright Idea Design
New York City Design Focused Start-Up Seeking Marketing InternWilliam & Park
India Focus Design Blog InternshipVAM Equity
INTERDISCIPLINARY DESIGN - TEAM LEAD/ GRAD Level / * Bilingual A PLUSLRT Media Group
UI/UX Designer (front-end coding skills desired)Bookmark This
2325 Third Street, Suite 4R-63
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionWe are an early stage start-up made up of multiple and seasoned backgrounds in content publishing, advertising, web media and social media. We're developing consumer software to help online publishers build relationships with their audiences and create new, sustainable revenue streams. We're here to change the online media landscape and you can be a part of the revolution too.
You will work with our small team to gain experience in interaction design, visual design, user research, prototyping and production development for online and mobile applications. As a design/front-end developer intern, you will be responsible for helping to create innovative, elegant and highly usable software interface designs. You will participate in all steps of the design process from conceptualization, user research, visual design, and interaction design through implementation and production rollout. You will also provide graphic production support for the website.
• Partner with our Creative Director and product team to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for customers
• Own and drive a wide variety of design projects from concept through launch with our engineering team
• Create wireframes, user flows, visual designs and any other collateral that are required
• Assist in the front-end development of the site both in desktop and mobile implementations
ResponsibilitiesYou'll be working alongside super smart people who are as passionate as they are fun. Since we're small, we're looking for you to be a real part of our team. You'll work closely with each and every person on the team including the founders and senior managers to evolve and improve our product. Your input will matter and you'll have the opportunity to present your work weekly to the team. No week will ever be the same. Sometimes, you'll collaborate with our Creative Director and Product Manager. Other times, you'll work independently creating wireframes/comps and coding for our production site. Either way, you'll do work you can be proud of, learn a ton about start-up life and consumer products and leave with transferable skills.
RequirementsWe prefer a graduate or current student pursuing an Associates or BA degree in web and/or interactive design but will make exceptions for the right candidate.
• Motivated self-starter, strong conceptual thinker and problem solver
• Expert eye for detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant
• Great communicator and able to work well in cross-functional teams – you get things done, people like you and you manage stress well
• Experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Thorough knowledge of what comprises a truly inspiring brand and how to communicate that visually
• Fluency in best practices for web & mobile-based information architecture and design
• Passion for technology, consumer products, gadgets and a desire to transform media experiences
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Fireworks or similar design tool
Candidate must share an excellent portfolio of design samples geared toward the consumer market as well as links to any websites that show coding / prototyping skills.