Marketing/Events/Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Events By Ny / NY WHITAKER INC
2205 3rd Ave
New York, NY
DescriptionSeeking student or young professional for position of Marketing/Event Intern with skills in Graphic Design, at notable event marketing consulting firm which provides services for prominent NYC non-profit, corporate and celebrity clients. The Marketing/Event/ Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for daily client communications to manage upcoming events, marketing project workflow, all aspects of graphic design, creative and corporate branding. This is your chance to advance your graphic design skills while learning the in’s and out’s of the Event Management/Planning and Marketing business.
This is an unpaid, for credit internship starting immediately.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
-Create various projects of corporate branding and design
Including e-blasts, e-books, logos, menus and postcards for several high-profile clients
-Create and maintain the firm’s own brand
-Maintain and enhance design of the firm’s website
Plan meetings and events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
• Assist with preparation of marketing and event collateral by assembling press kits and conducting online research; designing and updating promotional presentations; updating calendars.
• Assist with coordination of client communications and project deliverables
• Track and respond to emails related to sales, expenses and new business leads.
• Updating company newsletter template
• Managing inventory of all promotional and research materials
• Supports sales staff as needed and respond to customer services requests.
• Participate in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
• Attend industry events to expand network and represent the company
Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of social media applications. Excellent phone and communication skills. Interest in marketing, event planning, politics or education. Knowledge of graphic design and web design. Must be able to supply samples of previous work. Must be skilled in the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign (must have a personal computer that contains these programs). Familiarity with website building medium Wix a plus. Interest in graphic design, corporate branding, and/or marketing & communications.