Marketing/Graphic Design InternBookmark This
LULA WASHINGTON DANCE THEATRE
3773 CRENSHAW BLVD
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAssist in marketing locally, statewide, nationally and internationally for the Lula Washington Dance Theatre - a contemporary African-American modern dance company based in South Los Angeles. Will report to the Executive Director and the Marketing/Booking Manager to assist in securing performance engagements for the dance company. The job involves advertising, promotion, sales, and marketing. We are interested in a person who is independent and highly confident in their design skills
Responsibilities- Helping Booking Manager to secure performance engagements by creating marketing materials
- Sending marketing materials to presenters
- Will work with photos, videos, music, and graphic design of marketing materials
- Handling promotion for engagements
- Will work as the personal assistant to the Booking Manager for this arena
- Will write and manage performance contracts and itineraries
- Will maintain the booking database
RequirementsMust have strong design and marketing background
Excellent written skills
Experience in graphic design, Photoshop, and video editing. Ability to prepare electronic newsletters would be a major plus.
Previous experience in entertainment is a major plus, must have a passion for the arts and/or working with non-profits.
Must be outgoing, friendly person.
Must be able to work independently.
Persons with experience in booking performing arts tours will get highest priority.
You will need to have your own laptop for this position with programs for design.