Paid Design Intern for Marketing FirmBookmark This
183 DeKalb Industrial Way
DescriptionHothead Studios is currently offering a paid design internship and is seeking a creative, organized and self-motivated designer to assist our creative team.
Hothead Studios is a full-service, strategy-driven agency that has delivered integrated marketing solutions for some of the largest companies in the Atlanta area for over 20 years. At Hothead Studios, the intern will work on a mix of in-house promotional projects and client work. They will get hands-on agency experience, and will walk away from this internship with many strong additions to their portfolio, as well as a well-rounded knowledge of the marketing/advertising industry.
About Hothead Studios’ Internship Program
Hothead Studios offers a variety of internships that last three to four months with a minimum of 10-37.5 hours per week. Interns have the opportunity to work on activities related to design, sales, marketing and administrative support.
Fall internships typically start in September
Winter internships typically start in November or December
Spring internships typically start in January or February
Summer internships typically start in May or June
The internship program recognizes that each intern brings unique skills and insight. It is structured for both the interests of the intern and the needs of the organization. Interns that identify new possibilities are encouraged to develop them when possible. Most interns receive credit from their universities and use the experience to start their career in marketing, design, and business or simply to improve their chances of getting into advanced educational programs.
Job Location: 183 DeKalb Industrial Way, Decatur, GA 30030-2201
Job Status: Part Time – Flexible Hours (Office hours are 9-5:3
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible for incorporating current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom creative pieces
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working on, or have completed BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications)
- Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively
- Solid interactive and visual portfolio
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Is able to work well collaboratively in a team environment, have outstanding communications skills and is able to take direction
- Is self-directed and can develop focused, high quality design on projects and campaigns