Product Design and Development InternBookmark This
We cherish our history. Over forty years ago, Lamont's first product was hand-made by owner Stephen Fausel in an old barn on his family’s farm in Burlington, Iowa. Founded to satisfy a void created by an ever changing and evolving consumer need left unfulfilled by “old-time manufacturers”, LaMont has not only managed to just live history, but to create it.
Stepping into a bath accessory industry that was, in 1972, indifferent to the aesthetic needs of the American household, LaMont sought to provide function with fashion, design, and innovation. From our first towel bar to our latest 1530 line and “Good Night Baby” Bassinette, we have continued to develop new ideas, concepts, and products. We have withstood the test of time and evolved to become what we are today; a known resource for great quality, service and design.
LaMont remains firmly committed to the principle that a company’s true worth is not only reflected in its profit statement, but also in the image it maintains, the ability to work together within the organizational structure towards the common goals of creativity, quality, innovation, market leadership, care for employee’s dignity, desires, and rights, and a true value for our consumers. This commitment has earned us lasting relationships with many of first accounts and has allowed us to retain many valued employees (for just about as long).
We welcome new talent.
We encourage “thinking outside-the-box”.
We cherish our history and look forward to our future as each as new day points us in new and fascinating directions.
Product Design and Development Intern
Gain knowledge and insight into the production cycle with a focus on a specific product line. Working as an integral part of the Product Design and Development team, you’ll learn the product development process, and hone your presentation skills, communication skills, time management and business etiquette.
• Actively participate in product development from concept through finished product
• Support the team with seasonal research of materials, components, color and trend
• Work closely with the team to facilitate communication of new materials and components
• Assist with the seasonal presentations for materials, components, color and trend
• Practice techniques of competitive shopping to gain awareness of trends
• Solid academic record, all majors welcome
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to promote teamwork, solve problems and manage complex relationships
• Proficiency on PCs and with Microsoft Office
• Experience with Graphic Design software; Adobe Creative Suites
• Experience in Retail; Sales, Management or Buying exposure a plus
• Must possess a strong aesthetic sense
RequirementsProficiency on PCs and with Microsoft Office
Experience with Graphic Design software; Adobe Creative Suites