Web Marketing InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street 14th Floor
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Marketing department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• The functions of The Philadelphia Orchestra website, including designed e-mails, web advertisements, landing pages, and content updates.
• The basics of working as part of the Web team, assisting with cross-organization updates.
What you will do:
1. Participate in updating section content, production of landing pages, and assisting with maintaining The Philadelphia Orchestra website.
2. Aid in designing and implementing e-mails campaigns for current and prospective Orchestra patrons.
3. Creating graphics and layouts for the website and iOS/Android mobile app
4. Assist in designing advertisements for Marketing partnerships.
5. Maintain statistics and reports for the website and e-mail campaigns.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, with an educational background in Web Design, Graphic Design, Information Systems/Technology, and/or Business Marketing.
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
4. Able to commit to approximately 24 hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends.
5. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
6. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
7. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
8. Knowledge of Content Management Systems is preferred, but not required.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107