Graphic Design internCalifornia Sunshine Regional Center LLC
Creative and Digital Design Intern for Comms Firm and Consumer PlatformVALEO
Winter 2016 - Visual Design & Online Media Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
Web Design and Programming InternAllure showroom, INC
Print Design & Direct Mailing InternshipCambridge Realty Group
Graphics Intern for HQ Creative & Looking 4 Larry AgencyHQ Creative
Are you a nerdy designer? Come spend your summer at Big Nerd Ranch!Big Nerd Ranch
Graphic Designer Intern - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Art Gallery / Design InternshipBookmark This
Alfa Art Gallery
108 Church St
New Brunswick, NJ
Posted: February 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlfa Art Gallery (a NJ Non-Profit Organization) accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to email@example.com.
The Alfa Art Gallery is looking for a passionate and creative individual who will take the lead on designing of the multitude of promotional materials required to reach our audience.
For more info go to - http://www.alfaart.org/about-us/internships
Responsibilities• Work with our Director, Manager, Curatorial and PR interns to design creative and robust designs of advertising materials for our upcoming exhibitions (posters, banners, flyers, brochures, business cards)
• Work on the gallery's annual catalog (using Adobe InDesign), helping with the design and content layoutCome up with creative and robust designs of advertising materials for our upcoming exhibitions
• Provide creative input and assist with other projects
• Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
This is an excellent opportunity to gain design experience in the real world as well as increase the size of your portfolio. We urge our interns to take credit for their work and we are looking for applicants who are going to give their very best and be proud to include all the materials they design, to their portfolio.
Requirements• A strong sense of typography, typesetting and layout is necessary
• Must be comfortable with using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
• Some experience with photography and image correction is a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
• Ability to work quick yet efficiently.
Here are some general rules and requirements that apply to all internship positions:
• Interns are expected to attend most gallery-organized events (usually 2-3 a month).
• Interns are expected to spend at least 8hrs a week at the gallery. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
• All interns will gain valuable public speaking experience through our program “The News”. “The News” is a program, which tries to inform visitors at our events about other upcoming cultural events in the New Brunswick area.
• All interns will be required to propose, plan, organize and execute an event during their internship. Since event planning and organization is a very comprehensive process each intern will have to collaborate with all other team members. This will help develop team-building and event organization skills.
• In addition to the tasks specific to their area each intern is expected to help with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations.
• Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have a passion for art and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
• Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
• Candidates are required to have excellent problem solving skills and are expected to take initiative.
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
Preferred - Adobe Illustrator