Web Design Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
SPRING DESIGN INTERNEncantos Media PBC
Web DesignerJean Martin, Inc.
Game Designer - Mobile Games for KidsTutoTOONS
Graphic/marketing Design InternIan Hong
Graphic Design InternThe Unnamed Collective
Design Internship 2016Maggie Norris Couture
Creative Intern [Los Angeles Area Only]Bookmark This
705 W 9th St
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 29 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWantboards, Inc. is the world's first demand-based online marketplace. We are here to flip the relationship between buyers and sellers by shifting the way people purchase products from searching to demand-based buying. We strive to:
Make it easy for consumers to skip the annoying process of finding a good deal
Provide buyers with multiple options to buy from
Source hard to find products
Consolidate the vast marketplace and be a one-stop shop
Directly tie demand and supply
Reduce daily deal email spam
Help manufacturers and retailers to better understand the demand curve for their products/services.
Support small and mid-size businesses by helping to increase their inventory turn rate.
Wantboards is looking for a part-time Creative Design Intern who is interested in learning about website and brand designing. The intern will primarily gain skills in product development (wireframing, building comps, marketing materials) and work directly with the Chief Product Officer and Director of Business Development. The intern will be working with software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Omnigraffle and will be able to put together a portfolio at the end of the internship.
This is a 3 month internship that requires at least 16 hours a week. After a month probation, a stipend may be assigned to the role depending on performance.
Responsibilities- Assists in and performs design research in website and application user interface and user experience
- Assists in and creates designs for online and print media
- Routinely updates and records activities in our project management software
- Provide critical feedback and suggestions for improvement within all of our customer-facing products and marketing -materials
- Reports directly to the Director of Business Development and provides weekly update reports
Requirements- Experience building product-oriented designs
- Experience exporting and delivering assets
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools a plus
- Positive attitude and open to learning
- A go-getter and a self-starter mentality
- Strong work ethic and communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to get things done in a dynamic, resource scarce environment with competing business priorities
- Familiarity with, and interest in, e-commerce sites and applications
- Resourceful, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Southern California Applicants Preferred, no relocation available
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Web Design, Graphic Design
Preferred - Responsive Web Design, Mobile Web Design