UI/UX, Graphic DesignerMedium One
Graphic Design InternshipGreenRoom
Interior DesignerSuncor Energy Company
Graphic Design / Visual Arts / Multimedia Internship (Photoshop/Indesign Guru) - Santa MonicaDIGIMARCON
Graphic Design / Visual Arts / Multimedia Internship (Photoshop/Indesign Guru) - San DiegoDIGIMARCON
Graphic Design / Visual Arts / Multimedia Internship (Photoshop/Indesign Guru) - VirtualDIGIMARCON
Graphic Design / Visual Arts / Multimedia Internship (Photoshop/Indesign Guru) - New York CityDIGIMARCON
Graphic Design / Visual Arts / Multimedia Internship (Photoshop/Indesign Guru) - Toronto, CanadaDIGIMARCON
Design InternBookmark This
Red Hen Press
1335 N. Lake Ave., Suite 200
Posted: January 05 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionRed Hen Press, one of the few literary presses in the Los Angeles area, was founded in 1994 with the intention of keeping creative literature alive. Our focus as a literary press is to publish poetry, literary fiction, and nonfiction.
Since its founding, Red Hen Press has created and maintained five unique programs:
• Publishing -- The annual release of 22 books of poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, with over 370 books published to date.
• Literary Events -- over 34 annual readings at four venues each in greater Los Angeles and New York City, featuring both acclaimed and emerging writers from throughout the U.S.
• Writing in the Schools (WITS) -- A literary program founded in 2003, which places published authors into underserved K-12 classrooms to conduct weekly writing workshops and provide free books to low-income students.
• The Los Angeles Review -- Red Hen's semi-annual literary print journal, comprised of poetry, short fiction, and nonfiction from throughout the country.
• Literary Awards -- Red Hen confers six awards (totaling $8,000) each year to emerging writers.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include: Laying out poetry and prose titles, reviewing and proofing galleys; designing covers, brochures, flyers, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials; Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is required. Familiarity with HTML and CSS a big plus. This is a great opportunity to learn the finer points of book design.
Internship benefits include free workshops and presentations on various topics taught by our experienced staff; intern luncheons and Q&A’s with our Managing Editor and Publisher; invites to Red Hen readings and events; complimentary books; and course credit, if applicable.
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in progress (must be in their last two years of degree completion).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool.
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Experience and skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail.
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
Preferred - Adobe Illustrator