Internship Graphic DesignMovado Group, Inc.
Sweater Weather Support [INTERN NEEDED]SHAE NY (Desert Rose LLC)
Graphic design Intern for a Handmade Jewelry CompanyLaMens
Cover Design for Novels - Pilot TV, and Movie design opportunityHuey Media and LeaseSource Financial Services, Inc.
Product Design InternMighty Well
Interior Design - Upstart CompanyLeah McVeigh Design and Consulting
Business Development/Sales InternBagnotti USA
Design Intern (Social Media Focus)Bookmark This
333 Hudson Street, Suite 302
New York, NY
Posted: November 23 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you an aspiring Interactive Designer that is obsessed with Social Media? Do you want to represent not what Social Media Creative is now, but what Social Media Creative should be? Do you want to speak in the language of Quote Cards, GIFs, Vines, Snaps & Tweets? Do you want to learn how to inspire, critique, present, demonstrate, cajole, twist, & juke your way to a great product? Are you looking for a career or a job?
Let’s meet & find out!
You will be…
• creating a plethora of static & motion content across all social media platforms
• owning projects alongside senior/junior designers for multiple entertainment clients simultaneously
• innovating alongside senior/junior designers to come up with new design ideas & solutions within your executions
• presenting your design decisions to senior/junior designers internally and to clients
• influencing our clients & staff by providing them valuable social media thinking
• discovering developments in the Social space to deliver innovative & competitive content
• collaborating on new business opportunities
• playing in brainstorms & ideation sessions
• engaging with GLOWs internal teams including Creative Directors, Social Strategists, Community Managers, Analysts, and audience engagement specialists
Essentially, at GLOW you will be…
creating • owning • innovating • presenting • influencing • discovering • collaborating • playing • engaging
• copywriting skills
• a love for social media and all things pop culture
• endless opportunities to develop your career.
• a positive, open working environment in Hudson Square neighborhood filled with desire driven, fun & intelligent peers.
In Your Response:
Please include what personality or product is doing something cool on social along with your favorite emoji.
GLOW is an award winning creative & social agency that combines the stability & professionalism of a matured agency with the agility of a small, fast-growing company. With a 16-year history as a leader in the digital space, GLOW provides innovative social strategies & best in breed executions for a range of clients who are considered the most successful in their respective industries. Our passionate, collaborative culture & wide range of integrated capabilities provides our client partners with strategies & campaigns that solve key business problems & generate measurable results. Our team consists of a dynamic, creative, cooperative group of experts who accomplish the extraordinary by working together to bring the highest level of value to our client partners.
RequirementsWhat you'll need…
• junior or senior level of experience from an accredited art school or equatable work experience
• the absolute love, desire & knowledge for all things Social Media
• strong fundamental design skills
• maturity & confidence in yourself as a designer
• knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
• impeccable attention to detail & design quality control
• ability to self-manage deadlines
• ability to work with a mix of quick turnaround asks and full-time ongoing projects
• knowledge of design best practices for Social Media
• strong drawing skills
• experience with Interactive Design beyond Social
• understanding of all major social platforms & why certain content best operates on each
• curiosity to explore & play
• the desire to grow into a creative leader
• the desire to learn the artistic, business & technological requirements of a project (on brand, on budget & within scope)
• the desire to learn how to captivate & engage your audience (the client, your director & ultimately the end user)
• natural love of an open and honest feedback loop to facilitate both team member & GLOW growth
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Typography, Social Media
Preferred - Broadcast Design, Entertainment