Cover Design for Novels - Pilot TV, and Movie design opportunityHuey Media and LeaseSource Financial Services, Inc.
Product Design InternMighty Well
Interior Design - Upstart CompanyLeah McVeigh Design and Consulting
Business Development/Sales InternBagnotti USA
CAD Artist / Design InternMillenium Clothing
Winter / Spring Photography Intern at ToymailToymail
Winter / Spring Graphic Intern at ToymailToymail
Design & Production InternMom And Pops Print Shop
Exhibit Fabrication InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 11 2016
Application Deadline: December 17, 2016
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minnesota Children's Museum is currently under expansion for a brand new Museum, opening in April 2017. We are expanding our space by 30% and will gain at least 3 more permanent exhibits. The Exhibit Fabrication Intern will assist exhibit production staff in the fabrication of exhibits, installation of exhibitions, and exhibit repair and maintenance. Interns will be given the opportunity to exercise and strengthen their existing skills, to develop new skills of exhibit-making, and to exercise responsibility, creativity and imagination.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of Exhibit Fabrication staff.
• Assist in fabrication of exhibit components.
• Install/uninstall traveling exhibits.
• Clean, repair and maintain museum exhibit components.
• Assist in maintaining exhibit shop.
NOTE: Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Must have working knowledge and experience with power and hand tools and the ability to use them safely. (Examples: table saw, band saw, routers, miter saw, drills, etc. Prior carpentry and machine shop experience a plus.)
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more on an occasional basis.
• Basic knowledge of cleaning supplies and their safe usage.
• Ability to multitask, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
• Ability to work well with people in a team environment as well as work independently.