Winter 2016 - Visual Design & Online Media Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
Web Design and Programming InternAllure showroom, INC
Print Design & Direct Mailing InternshipCambridge Realty Group
Graphics Intern for HQ Creative & Looking 4 Larry AgencyHQ Creative
Are you a nerdy designer? Come spend your summer at Big Nerd Ranch!Big Nerd Ranch
Graphic Designer Intern - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Motion Graphics InternshipViewpoint Creative
Design InternshipViewpoint Creative
Graphic Design Intern (Remote)Bookmark This
Posted: June 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt human-I-T our mission is simple: transform unwanted or inoperative technology into operational and educational tools for the millions in need. Striving to go beyond recycling by taking a progressive approach to E-waste management, vocational training and the Digital Divide.
human-I-T is a collective group of smart humans turning E-waste into opportunities; fixing technology and distributing to those in need. A socially responsible company, leading the charge to close the digital divide and helping others harness the power of information.
We are looking for a graphic design intern to join our team! The intern should be prepared to help with the following: interpret our brand strategy and mission, curate content (creating graphics showing a solid grasp of design concepts), work with different software suites (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), and complete project goals. The intern should hope to gain valuable experience and be willing to learn and use fundamental marketing skills.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
SkillsRequired - Adobe InDesign, InDesign, Proficient in InDesign, Graphic Design, Graphic Design Software, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, OS X, Windows & Mac operating systems, Windows
Preferred - Graphic Design Software, Graphic Designer, Graphic Designers