Design InternElevate United
Internship Graphic DesignMovado Group, Inc.
Sweater Weather Support [INTERN NEEDED]SHAE NY (Desert Rose LLC)
Graphic design Intern for a Handmade Jewelry CompanyLaMens
Cover Design for Novels - Pilot TV, and Movie design opportunityHuey Media and LeaseSource Financial Services, Inc.
Product Design InternMighty Well
Interior Design - Upstart CompanyLeah McVeigh Design and Consulting
Graphic DesignerBookmark This
302 E. Ohmer Rd.
Posted: July 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKatamy Corporation is a nationwide sale industry looking for a talented graphic designer capable in print and online media design to intern with our company, assisting with a variety of projects for our various athletic brands. Our design team is very close knit and the leader of marketing, as we take part in every aspect of the company’s digital progress moving forward. We are inspired by design in our daily surroundings, and focus on the key elements of national brands and their successes in advertising. In the past few years we have rebranded, achieving a high end look, ultimately taking our company to the next level.
The ideal candidate would not only be able to create unique custom designs, but find usable solutions to design problems and clearly articulate his/her ideas while working under tight deadlines. It is also very important that this candidate be comfortable with multitasking, as we take on various roles in the Marketing Department.
Responsibilities• Print projects include promotional materials such as catalogs, advertisements, flyers, handouts, etc.
• Online media projects include email campaigns, social media, and website updates
• Product design includes designing apparel and accessories for the athletic brands (you’ll never be bored)
• Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc.) to create concepts and also stay within brand guidelines as a production designer when needed
• Additional understanding of (i.e. HTML & CSS), Marketing experience or basic advertising skills are an added bonus but not necessary
• Associates Degree majoring in Graphic Design in progress preferred
Requirements• Be able to work efficiently individually or collaborate with other designers on projects and new ideas whilst music plays loudly in the background
• Working proficiency of front-end technologies on a Mac, because we love apple
• Use of Adobe Creative Suite programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are essential (If you don’t know these you’re not a designer)
• Basic knowledge of formatting for print and web projects, file organization, shooting digital photography, and most importantly photo editing skills
• Have excellent written and presentation skills (because grammar that’s why)
• Knowledge of the difference between a vector or rasterized image is a must
• Sense of humor as well as a love of Disney and 90’s music is also a PLUS
SkillsRequired - Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Written & Verbal Communication Abilities, Color Theory, Layout Design
Preferred - Basic HTML, basic CSS, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe After Effects