GRAPHIC UI/UX BEHAVIOR DESIGN INTERNengagedIN
Spring Internship with Flower Girl NYCFlower Girl NYC
Web Design/Development InternVOX Global
Graphic Design Intern ($ Travel Reimbursement & Daily Lunch Stipend)Advertising Research Foundation
Interaction Design InternElliptic Labs
Graphic DesignerBookmark This
Art of Freedom
1165 N. Clark street, #700
Posted: October 25 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionArt of Freedom is a humanitarian non-profit to raise awareness of human trafficking through art and fashion projects; Influence policy; and empowering victims.
A graphic designer should be a person who desires to create beautiful pieces of marketing material as well as brand equity for AOF. Beyond the basic skills of knowing Photoshop or Illustrator, they must come up with conceptual pieces that help support the campaign that AOF puts on during the year. It is also the responsibility of the graphic designer to understand the balance between form and function in producing a piece that is both aesthetically pleasing and conveys the necessary idea or information. College credit optional. May lead to permanent career after the internship ends.
ResponsibilitiesInterpreting the project’s needs, gathering information and data to clarify design issues, and thinking creatively to produce ideas and solutions to the design challenges, drawing from a strong background in usability and information design;
- Preparing multiple mock-ups and/or design options;
- Gathering feedback on design mock-ups and integrating necessary changes;
- Multi-tasking by working on multiple projects with concurrent deadlines, excellent time management;
- Using a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, or other mixed-media in design solutions;
- Producing accurate and high quality work;
- Making recommendations regarding production methods, materials needed, and costs;
- Keeping abreast of new design trends and design software developments;
- Working well in a team, with copywriters/editors, photographers, other designers, project managers, and clients; and
- Working to tight deadlines of 1-3 day turnaround for requested projects.
RequirementsBackground or working knowledge in Graphic Design with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Familiarity with Website and Magazine Design
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Gives and welcomes feedback; strong team player
- Portfolio Needed (online or PDF preferred)