Web Intern - External Relations iDeas LabCSIS
Junior Designer InternshipInterior Resource Group
Showroom InternshipGeorge Cameron Nash, Inc.
Graphic Design Intern (Virtual/ Remote)Careerminds
Entry Level Leather Craftsman Apprentice - Long TermCT Music Straps Inc. / Designer Leatherworks Division
A Wedding and Bridal Internship / Volunteer Role that Makes a Difference!Changing The Present
IT/Computer Systems InternDigitalAncestry.org
Office InternBookmark This
Milano Smart Living
200 lexington avenue
New York, NY
Posted: August 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMilano Smart Living is a high-end Italian furniture company which specializes in multi-functional, space saving furniture.
We’re located in the prestigious New York Design Center which caters to both high-end designers and architects as well as the public directly.
We have an open intern position for SATURDAYS which involves approaching potential clients who enter the showroom, demonstrating our product line, and following up on future sales.
We provide cool, well designed, modern Italian furniture and it’s important to have an interest in design or furniture if you are to apply for this position.
Being our products are multi-functional, all items are to be shown to designers and clients when visiting our showroom – this involves opening wall beds and sofa beds, expanding tables, etc.
Please keep in mind this position involves opening furniture daily (all of our products are high quality and have easy to use mechanisms) as well as office work like as e-mailing quotes, spec sheets, etc.
Saturday hours are from 10:30 am - 5 pm however you will be paid for a full 8 hour day.
During design events, if you are available to work, those hours are to be paid as well.
ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTION & DUTIES:
- Greet new and current clients, designers, and architects who enter the showroom - demonstrate our product line and their unique functions
- Consult with potential clients to determine the best furniture for them based on their particular wants and needs
- Follow up on out-of-state and internet leads and sales by phone and e-mail, process payments, and update QuickBooks daily
- Provide good customer service, create quotes and sales orders, as well as general showroom upkeep
ATTITUDE & TEAM WORK:
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively with other employees
- Be reliable and dependable with a motivated, energetic personality
- Support common team goals and maintain a positive and professional atmosphere