Web Developer New YorkShrimpton Agency LLC
Web Designer New YorkShrimpton Agency LLC
Graphic Designer - Masters LevelLRT
UI/UX internMoi Inc
Design Assistant InternTaylor Spellman NEW YORK
Fashion Design InternshipMilly
Personal Assistant/Part TimeKing's Gallery
Graphic Design InternSacatelle
Surya Dallas Showroom @ Dallas Market Center - Internship OpportunityBookmark This
SURYA Dallas Showroom
2050 N. Stemmons Fwy #560
Posted: January 04 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSURYA is looking for an intern, based out of the 14,000 sq. ft. Dallas Showroom in the World Trade Center. Please submit your resume to the showroom manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are located @ #560 Dallas World Trade Center and open daily and we are a VERY busy showroom non-market and during market. On average we work with 150 interior designers per month and over 1000 buyers during Dallas markets in the Dallas Market Center.
Surya is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of area rugs and home accessories for 40 years. Surya designers and weavers masterfully create some of the most versatile products to bring out the best in every room. Encompassing an expert understanding of the latest trends in fashion and interior design in the hospitality Industry, each Surya product is a perfect combination of color, pattern and texture to accommodate the widest range of tastes. Surya services more than 5,000 retail, design, hospitality and e-commerce accounts with over 20,000 products. Surya has grown into one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. It is the company’s customer-focus, product variety and fresh designs that continue to set it apart and have resulted in Surya being recognized as an industry leader. Surya has grown from $2.7M in sales in 2004 to $80M in 2014 and has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s fastest growing privately held companies in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The company has one of the fastest fulfillment rates in the industry, with 90 percent of running line products being shipped within 24 hours from order processing. Surya’s product suite includes a comprehensive collection of rugs, rug pads, pillows, poufs, throws and wall art for every style and price point.
We have 70+ VIDEOS available on our YouTube.
YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/suryasocial/videos (can also be accessed from ‘VIDEO GALLERY’ in our website footer at www.surya.com).
Check out our press coverage by clicking on this link. http://www.surya.com/media-coverage/
Check out our recent press releases. http://www.surya.com/press-releases/
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Be passionate
- Love what you do and bring an unwavering determination to push boundaries.
- Think big, move fast
- Dare to take risks, embrace challenges, and act with speed.
- Empower, engage, collaborate
- Work together to build a culture of excellence; encourage independent thinking, foster learning and growth, cultivate enthusiasm and unleash the greatness of others.
- Commit to long-term success
- Create value by getting things done. Continuously strive for incremental improvements to build a stronger future.
- Act with integrity, responsibility and respect
- Always do the right thing. Celebrate our diversity as we embrace each individual's unique contributions.
- Make a difference
- Positively impact people and the environment by acting thoughtfully and responsibly.
- HAVE FUN!!!
i. Customer electronic check in
ii. Clean and refresh vignettes
iii. Clean and stock seating areas
iv. Fill and maintain sales collateral
v. Assist in meeting and customer training preparations
vi. Re hang rug hooks
vii. Clean and refresh showroom and lighting
viii. Assist in follow up w DMC Marketing on future DMC markets / meetings.
ix. Make sure marketing collateral is well stocked in sales resource area
x. Assist in continually updating Excel showroom inventory and making sure everything is tagged.
xi. Assist interior designers in locating product styles located in the showroom. Use of QR code scanner via IPhone or IPad to assist designers while in the showroom.
xii. Answer email inquiries regarding Surya.
- Collage coursework and or experience in interior design.
- High level of initiative.
- Professional and fashionable appearance
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Outstanding closing skills
- Outgoing professional and friendly personality but not too pushy.
- Work as a team.
- Able to work with difficult business situations in a friendly and professional manner.
- Flexible to assist the showroom manager and Surya personnel in many different tasks.
- Good stamina and willing to work possibly long hours during pre-market set up and major Dallas markets.
- Willing to help keep the showroom clean and merchandise presentable and clean for daily interior designer visits.
- Proficient in MS Office suite. Advanced Excel is a bonus.
SkillsRequired - Interior Design, Interior Decorating, Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Architectural Design, Bilingual-English/Spanish, Commercial Interiors, Custom Interiors, Corporate Interiors