Content Marketing Developer and Media TechnologistBeantown Media Ventures, LLC.
Project Development and Research InternMississippi Consortium for International Development
Corporate Training and Development InternshipCorporate Learning Institute
Website Development and Research InternshipSiyufy International INC.
Development InternECPAT USA
Arts Administration & Development InternBookmark This
ArtsKC - Regional Arts Council
106 Southwest Blvd.
Kansas City, MO
DescriptionTiming: 20 hours per week, September 1 – December 15 (dates flexible)
ArtsKC is a not-for-profit organization serving the five-county region; including Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas. We provide programs and services to arts organizations, artists and the business and civic communities.
ArtsKC serves as the voice for the arts community. We connect and support the arts in the community as a means to create transformation. We believe that the arts are a public good and critical to our region’s success.
ArtsKC operates the ArtsKC Fund, the united arts fund in Kansas City. The fund raises money to provide grant s to artists, arts organizations and arts programs in Kansas City.
Reports to: Development Manager
This individual will work 20 hours per week with the Development Manager supporting the following goals and initiatives:
1. Secure funding support for ArtsKC general operation and programs via grants, major gifts, and individual donors.
2. Plan and implement Inspiration Breakfast, ArtsKC’s annual ask event
3. Utilize the Benevon fundraising model to effectively prospect and cultivate donors
4. Increase awareness of ArtsKC as good investment to donors
- Working with fun, flexible, dedicated and hardworking professionals
- Learning new technologies and having an impact on the agencies ability to serve
- Helping to build a culture of creativity and innovation for the Kansas City region
- Helping strengthen the role of ArtsKC as the champion for the arts
- Great Crossroads Arts District location and paid parking
- Access to NP Connect professional development session and events
• Grants research and grant writing
• Write donor communications
• Donor prospecting and research
• Donor database management utilizing Salesforce
• Special events assistance and management
• Other development related projects as assigned
• Serve as a backup to the Administrative Assistant for front desk and phone coverage
• Other general office assistance
• Assist at evening and weekend events as needed including:
Inspiration Breakfast November 6, 2014
Who are we looking for?
- College students or recent grads wanting to build their resume and professional experience Preference given to Communications, English, Journalism, Public Administration/Nonprofit Management, or related majors.
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts, the nonprofit community or being a part of a growing organization
- Smart, dedicated, and resourceful professionals who can manage their time and have fun doing it