Brand Development InternBookmark This
Le Grand Courtâge
DescriptionWe are a new, dynamic and quickly growing French Champagne company. We currently sell nationally in the US and will be expanding globally in 2013. Our company will provide interns with perspective into local, national and global trends. Working for a small company you will see, first hand, the impact of targeted marketing, details of launching a product on national and international levels, as well as issues ranging from production, supply chain and pricing issues, currency volatility, raising venture capital, distribution and demographics/trending.
Our vision was to create an innovative sparkler which offers a French caché and elegance combined with an American appeal and price-point. Our goal was to make a wine perfect for special occasions and all the everyday moments in between.
• Virgin Airlines – our 187ml will be served on all flights commencing in 2013. This means that 6 Million eyes will now get to see our actual bottle image on their seat backs screens. This is an amazing exposure for the brand
• Vino Volo – the national wine bar/retailer with 24 airport locations in 13 states brought us on nationally in January 2013.
• We have been picked up by specialty retailers like Whole Foods and Bristol Farms.
• TV & Magazine - We were recently featured on the Today Show in a segment about affordable wines and were featured in OK Magazine as “What’s Hot” for their New Year’s edition. We were also showcased on Let’s Dish for their Valentine’s special which aired early this February.
• Awards – Best of Show, 91 pts Los Angeles International Wine Competition and other numerous Gold & Silver medals at various international competitions such as SF, NY, London etc.
We are seeking a tech-savvy, energetic, smart, outgoing, and motivated student looking to become a significant contributor to the expansion of our product both in the marketplace and for our online sales. We are seeking a 3-6 month internship commitment.
Attention to detail and ability to work both individually and collaboratively are necessary. We are looking for someone that can assist with maintaining and furthering, our brand identity and image, and who can create meaningful and impactful brand stories and promotional tie-ins through various mechanisms. This position is key in assisting the Business Development Team secure new business while running as smoothly and as organized as possible.
To start ASAP. We are flexible with hours and start/end times of internship. Position is part-time & unpaid but school credit is available. Based in SF or LA. Ideally you work three, 4 hour days (12 hrs per wk) but often you will work remotely. The duration of the internship program will be a minimum of 3 months, though 6 months would be ideal. There is a possibility of this becoming a full-time paid position. We offer a flexible schedule and would ask the same of you since sometimes deadlines may arise with short notice
ResponsibilitiesInclude but are not limited to:
• Assist with marketing and branding strategy. Brainstorming creative viral and guerrilla marketing tactics
• Organizing online presence via blogging social media, e-mail and direct marketing.
• Gather marketing research and statistical information for existing and desired market areas, key accounts and partner possibilities. And assist with pitching, presentation and proposals.
• Creation and distribution of press releases for new products.
• Data entry and database/calendar management
• Brand promotions and event marketing
• Detailing entry guidelines and promotion of Art Contest, Video/Photo contest
• If interested, help create and update company and industry related blog, including content creation, and brand promotion
Don’t be put off by the minor details. If you think this is for you we would love to hear from you. To be considered please send an email with the subject: “Brand Development Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a cover letter as well as your resume.
Requirements• Must be Junior or Senior studying for a B.A. or B.S. Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or related course study (strong emphasis in social media & internet marketing)
• Maintain 3.0 G.P.A. or higher
• Must have own computer. Will be working remotely most of the time.
• A thorough understanding of social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest) is necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be extremely organized and prioritize well to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, some Excel and Powerpoint)
• Effective Internet research skills
• Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and have a customer service approach at all times
• Some familiarity and working knowledge of html code for newsletter creation, blogging or website updates is desired.
Actively involved and "connected" via social media; Someone who can think outside-the-box and brainstorm new ideas; Existing social media presence and personal blog a plus; a familiarity with Google Analytics a plus; Interest in the wine industry; website design skills and/or video a super plus!
Our business is located in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. We prefer that our intern be located close to one of those locations for training, and work supervision.