Business Development InternBookmark This
The Good Life Travels
DescriptionThe Good Life Travels (GLT) is a social impact business start-up that seeks to catalyze socially conscious, high-impact travel by providing services that connect travelers with low cost, eco-friendly adventures that improve the social, economic and environmental condition of the globe. The GLT aims to help travelers conserve their monetary resources so they are able to invest their time and passion in contributing to social impact projects in developing counties around the world.
GLT acts as a hub for integrated travel data, and provides information on social impact travel on a low budget. Our data gurus compile information on thousands of social impact projects around the world, as well as the low-cost travel options that make them available to mission driven voyagers. And what’s more – GLT gives 100% of its profits to support non-profits and small businesses in the developing world.
We are currently recruiting three detail-oriented, strategic thinkers who can join our small but very busy team, and immediately take ownership of the projects they are given. The Business Development Interns will lead their region’s data collection initiatives (choice of either Latin America, Africa or Asia), selecting high-impact volunteer opportunities and low budget travel options to be included in our searchable database. The intern will evaluate our data strategy and make recommendations about best practices. They will also assist with marketing, communications and social media initiatives. The ideal candidates will have strong research and organizational skills, as well as a familiarity with Excel and a strong attention to detail.
Recent graduates and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. Interest in social impact business, database management, business/nonprofit administration, and/or global engagement issues a plus. This internship will provide valuable experience learning the inner workings of a social impact start-up focused on tackling global issues by inspiring personal action.
ResponsibilitiesThis internship will have a dominant focus on supporting and further developing the GLT’s data initiative and designing social media campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Perform online research to compile data
• Spearhead social media initiatives to grow audience of social impact travelers
• Research development initiatives, tools and resources to improve organization’s strategy
• Help implement new online campaigns
• Assist in identifying partners and growing corporate relationships
• Assist in generating content for marketing materials
• Assist in developing a culture of social entrepreneurship throughout the organization
Requirements• Previous experience and familiarity with Excel and data base management a plus
• Ability to listen to organizational needs for database and actively find solutions
• Strong computer/technical skills
• Entrepreneurial and ability to work with minimal direction
• Ability to see a project through; detail-oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Reliable and communicative
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Capacity to learn on the job and solve problems independently
• Willingness to take on other responsibilities as needed, and adapt to shifting priorities
• A minimum availability of 15 hours per week
• Proficiency on Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media.