Web Developer InternPar Excellence AMG Communications
Front-end Developement InternshipBlend
Alumni Development InternWill Geer's Theatricum Botanicum
AngularJS Developer Summer InternshipValor Connect
Business Development/ - Onsite UnPaid Internship - Washington DC Metro AreaConnect With Training
High Heels to Hard HatsHigh Heels to Hard Hats
Development Executive Assistant InternLA Mother
Business Development InternBookmark This
Posted: June 25 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptioniBlack is a soon to be launched early stage startup with a mission to become the leading lifestyle portal for black America. We are seeking an Business Development Intern to join the iBlack team and help promote the company. Ideal candidates must be entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and coach-able individuals with goals beyond just having a job.
Requirements for this position include a blend of skills, experience and personal qualities to work with numerous outside parties, vendors, and organizations. Interns must be flexible concerning daily tasks and be able to adapt to rapidly changing projects. In addition, applicants must be well organized with excellent communication and collaboration skills, be creative, and driven to help make this startup business a success.
Our culture is very laid back. Think silicon valley start up. Our company is fast paced, exciting and we highly value creative thinking and initiative. You will have access to internal company technology and resources necessary to be successful in a virtual office environment.
This is an unpaid internship, however the interns selected have the opportunity for high level full time employment and the ability to receive company stock options upon completing certain initiatives. This is an extremely unique opportunity for a group of very motivated individuals to create a business with the help of experienced entrepreneurs. The experiences gained from this position will be unparalleled and invaluable and will set each of these individuals up to be incredibly financially successful.
Responsibilities• Assist Director of Business Development in the development of strategic plans
• Develop, strengthen & secure relationships with new and existing partners
• Assist Director in daily, weekly, and monthly communication with partners (email, meeting, webinars, etc) by preparing documents and presentations
• Build Business Development client list and make calls/ send emails as needed
• Participate in design and creation of promotional material
• Represent Company at various events
• Establish milestones, goals and track progress
• Generate reports on project status
• Work with other teams to solicit input and execute necessary action items
• Proficient multi-tasker with the ability to manage several projects with keen attention to details and process
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial team environment
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management tools
• Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with sponsor and partners.
• Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically. Ability to represent ideas clearly, succinctly and persuasively to groups and individuals.
• Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to conceive and produce business correspondence, solicitation materials, letters of acknowledgement, invitations, and proposals to individuals, and corporations.
• Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
• Skilled in analyzing information to define problems and objectives.
• Skilled in organizing material, information, and people to optimize efficiency and to minimize duplication of effort.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Strong ability to set priorities and manage work flow to fulfill objectives and goals according to deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• MUST be knowledgeable and experienced with technology and comfortable working in a virtual office environment
• Possess creativity, energy, and boundless ideas
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
• Candidates will spend 3-6 months working on the business development aspects of our start up business.
• Required 10-15 hours/week.
• Candidates are NOT required to work between normal hours (9:00AM-5:00PM) except for specific reasons such as a planned meeting.
• Candidates will be required to track their time and company activities.
• Undergraduate or Graduate student studying a field of study related to business (e.g. Business Management, Business Administration, etc)
• We provide our interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship