Business Development - InternshipBookmark This
223 W. Anderson Lane
DescriptionThis is your opportunity to gain experience in one of the most “in-demand” positions in almost any size company. Start up companies live or die based on their business development success. Fortune 500 corporations seek the best and the brightest for their business development dept, to generate new clients and keep growing.
Definition of Business Development Specialist
Business development specialists help companies grow and expand by reaching new customers. Business development specialists are responsible for developing new business avenues for their companies. They also work with other departments in their organizations, including sales, marketing, and customer service departments.
Business development specialists are accountable for gathering data regarding their customers' markets. They conduct intensive research pertaining to channel development, product development, and product distribution. Business development specialists assist their marketing departments and help to develop new business strategies, conduct market analysis, and develop new and improved methods for marketing products through various new and traditional media.
SelBiz Corporation is a 29-year-old business brokerage company located in Austin, Texas, selling all types of existing businesses and franchises in the Austin area.
Responsibilities* The intern will design plans to develop new business for our company
* Research and analyze market data to discover potential customers
* Collect data of potential customers
* Improve methods of marketing through various new and traditional media.
* Use presentations and negotiations skills to add new clients
This internship will develop your communications and negotiations skills to a higher level.
This is also an opportunity for interns with foreign language skills.
There is a strong potential for employment upon completion of a successful internship.
We can be flexible with the start and end dates and schedule of the internship to match the dates/classes required by the intern(s) university.
Requirements1. Excellent communication and writing skills.
2. Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's/Masters/MBA program in Business/ Marketing/Public Relation/Communication at an accredited college or university.
3. Commit to a minimum of 8-12 hours per week during the Spring & Fall semesters and 12-20 hours per week during the Summer semester.
4. Excellent skills in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5. Goal oriented, able to multi-task and work independently or collaboratively within a group.
6. Enthusiastic and flexible with strong inter-personal skills.
7. Excellent telephone and presentation skills.
8. Comfortable to work in a professional work environment.
9. You must agree to complete a total of 200 hours as this internship require extensive training. This internship will develop your communications and negotiations skills to a higher level.
10. Interns must be comfortable in a laid back, diverse work environment and making presentations to business owners / corporate CEO's.
Application Instructions: This is a year round internship:
No Phone Calls please
Send a short resume/bio and a cover letter to:
SelBiz Corporation – Attn. Moti Kaz
223 W. Anderson Lane
Suite – B-507
Austin, TX 78752
Desired Job Type: Internship
Desired Colleges: Business (McCombs School of)
Desired Degree: Bachelor
Experience: Current Student
Work Authorization: All Candidate Experience: Entry Level (0-3 years) Contact Information: Moti Kaz