Business Development Internship at Fast-Paced Non-ProfitBookmark This
Project HUGS Foundation
DescriptionDo you want to make a difference in people’s lives while gaining valuable insight into the inner workings of a non-for-profit?
Project HUGS Foundation is a growing non-profit organization and network comprised of doctors, hospitals and surgical centers. We’re on a mission to expand access to surgical care and resources for every underinsured person, across the country.
Project HUGS has a dedicated core team and is seeking an outstanding, motivated, team-player to join us during this exciting growth period and support the business development and growth initiatives of the Foundation.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesYour primary responsibilities will include:
• Market Research: Identify and evaluate specific growth opportunities for the Foundation’s network. Specific activities would include, but are not limited to: desktop research, interviews with medical industry experts, surveys and/or on-site visits to potential partners in the medical field (doctors, hospitals, surgical centers).
• Partnership Development: Identify, build and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners in the medical/health field (doctors, hospitals, surgical centers, medical supply companies, etc) in pursuit of growth opportunities for our network.
• Program Development: Identify and build specific growth opportunities for the Foundation’s programs of education, prevention and rehabilitation through: research, interviews with health industry experts, calls and/or visits to potential program partnerships (gyms, nutrition centers, mental/physical rehabilitation facilities, etc).
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Perform various analytical projects, including working with spreadsheet presentation and/or database applications to create network reports on partnerships for board or office meetings.
• Learning to utilize online project management software (i.e. Basecamp).
• Special administrative tasks as they arise.
• You will work closely with our Executive Director and Communications & Marketing Manager.
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Must be pursuing or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program focusing in business.
• Good organizational and execution skills, with a strong focus on detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication, with the ability to prioritize and get things done.
• Fearless—not afraid to contact and approach potential partners.
• General excitement to learn new skills and be a part of a quickly growing team that aspires to help those in need.
• This position will work both remote and from Chicago, IL.