Business Development for FinTech startupBookmark This
349 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionBased in New York (midtown Manhattan), Joss Technology is an innovative provider of technology solutions dedicated to the Financial Services Industry. Our platform enables financial institutions to be compliant with regulations, better manage risk and increase operation efficiency.
We are looking for an excellent communicator interested in gaining practical experience in B2B sales and marketing.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will be exposed to all aspects of business development.
Sales activities will include:
- lead generation and qualification through various tools
- development and execution of a cold calling strategy
- identification of relevant contacts within lists of prospects
- research of contact details for lists of target individuals
- enter contact information into contact management systems
- scheduling of appointments/demos
- update sales pipeline in the internal CRM system
- preparation of periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring of prospects
Marketing activities will include:
- managing and following up on email campaigns
- design and revision of brochures and other collateral
- occasional website updates
- driving increased traffic to our site
- monitoring of corporate presence on social media (LinkedIn & Twitter).
- excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- ability to deal with all levels within an organization and obtain referrals
- rapid and independent learner
- proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point)
- salesforce.com is used extensively so prior knowledge is not essential but preferred
- understanding of the financial markets and/or enterprise software would be a plus
What we’re really looking for:
- professional phone etiquette is essential
- a “go-getter” who is not afraid to pick up the phone and make cold calls
- self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
- must be corteous but persistent
- someone with a “can-do” and “will-do”attitude who is ready to learn new skills