Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
The Youth and Fan Development internshipGethsemane Solutions
Co-Founder, Business Development Intern, ProCell InsulationBookmark This
DescriptionUS Dynamics (www.usdynamics.com) is a technology commercialization company, which has partnered with GCS, Inc., to launch a new business, ProCell Insulation.
ProCell has a patented method for the production of an advanced form of cellulose insulation. Cellulose is rapidly displacing fiberglass as the green builder's insulation of choice because of its higher performance. The established market for cellulose insulation is $400M, and ProCell's technology allows the cellulose to manufactured at both higher quality and lower costs than traditional processes.
The company has just been formed, and this intern will play a critical role in the company's early development.
ResponsibilitiesThe role of this intern is to continue the development of the business aspects of this company's formation. Specifically, this will include development of the business plan, financial modeling, grant and loan applications, discussion with policymakers, supporting investor presentations and discussions, etc. This individual will play a key role in coordinating the engineering aspects of this venture with the business requirements, and pulling what we learn in engineering into the business plan and financial models.
This is a very lean operation, with only a handful of people involved, mostly on a part-time basis as we start up this new firm. So this full time role will play a key role in starting up this business, but will be supported by a very experienced team.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will have several of the following demonstrated characteristics, and superb references:
* Self starter, with the ability to independently set direction and execute
* Strong track record of academic and professional experience (this is not an appropriate first internship)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Well versed in spreadsheets, P&L's and other financial statements
* Ability to work at least 2-3 days/week at an office we're planning to establish in Boston
* Car and a willingness to travel to MA, NH and/or Maine 1-2 days/week (though much of work can be conducted with a phone and a PC)