Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Communications and Development AssistantBookmark This
LGBT Center of Raleigh
411 Hillsborough St.
DescriptionWhat: Coordinating communications and development activities in a small nonprofit; including grants research, planning, and writing - social media outreach - contributing to overall development plan - Email blasts and calendar upkeep
Where: 411 Hillsborough Street, the LGBT Center of Raleigh
Why: Post Amendment 1, the Center must coordinate and disseminate a consistent and effective message of hope to our community. Now more than ever, people need hope for a better future.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Assisting the Executive Director in all tasks related to communications and development
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Tact, humility, and a sense of humor.