Community Program CoordinatorBookmark This
Tropical Adventures Foundation
Hojancha, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
DescriptionWhat we offer!
As an intern working for Tropical Adventures you will be working in a small team in a rural town of Hojancha in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica. In your role as the Community Program Coordinator, you will be assigned to lead the primary volunteer activities of our non-profit, Vecinos del Mundo, in Hojancha. After office hours, you can practice your Spanish and immerse in the local culture. On the weekends, we like to travel and explore the country with you.
Who we are!
Tropical Adventures is a volunteer service organization based in Costa Rica. We design affordable and fully-customized, unique volunteer and voluntour experiences. We work with individuals, families and groups who want to make a positive impact in local communities while experiencing a world different than their own.
ResponsibilitiesYour tasks at a glance:
- Manage project development and execution from concept to reality through talking with locals, former volunteers and future volunteers
- Assess needs and potential opportunities for youth engagement
- Manage cultural events at least twice a month. This includes: promoting, budget management and more
- Be involved in weekly activities such as crafting, cinema night and English lessons
- Welcome volunteers when they arrive, organize daily scheduls of activities for them and provide quality orientation / supervision with them
RequirementsWe are looking for:
We are looking for a hands-on individual who loves to work with people and for people. You are not at all afraid to try new things and are willing to implement ideas.
Ideally, you meet the following qualities:
- Have advanced knowledge in both English as well as Spanish
- Are working towards or having earned a Bachelors Degree
- Have an excellent problem-solving ability
- Work well with ambiguity and limited supervision
- Are motivated and a strong communicator