DEVELOPMENT GRADUATE INTERNBookmark This
215 Brighton Avenue
DEAF, Inc. is a grassroots, consumer-run nonprofit serving Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened people in Massachusetts. Our main office is in Allston.
The Development Intern will work with the Development Director on special fundraising projects, from increasing our online fund-raising capability to planning and hosting fundraising events, and more. The hours are flexible, with a commitment of at least 10-12 hours a week for one school year.
For more information please contact Jenn Glinos at 617-254-4041 or email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesSUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a master’s degree, and will be interested in working in nonprofits, preferably in a fund-raising career.
As a consumer-run organization, DEAF, Inc. has Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened as well as Hearing professional staff and volunteers providing direct services and administration. The Development Intern must be able to work with a diverse population of people in a professional manner.
RequirementsREQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
• Solid PC skills, including Microsoft Office, and Internet
• Web skills, including the experience with web searches and social network sites
• Polished verbal and written communication skills
• An interest in development and/or nonprofit organizations; experience in any aspect of fundraising a plus
• American Sign Language helpful but not required
The Development Intern will work with the Director of Development and Executive Director to research, write, and submit grant proposals to private and corporate foundations, and to begin exploring opportunities in social networking for fundraising. With supervision, the intern will:
• Become familiar with the foundation guidelines and requirements for submitting proposals.
• Participate in the writing and editing of proposals, correspondence and other development materials.
• Become familiar with the materials and forms required to prepare full proposals.
• Assemble full proposals for mailing or online delivery.
• Assist in the tracking of proposals and deadlines.
• As requested, draft correspondence to foundations.
• Research online social networks as resource for developing individual donor base.