Development & Admission InternBookmark This
Lesley Ellis School
41 Foster Street
DescriptionLesley Ellis School, an independent school, serving students in Preschool – Grade 8, located in Arlington, MA, seeks an energetic and motivated intern to work jointly in the offices of Admission and Development.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional office setting, have an interest in non-profit management, business, admissions, communications, marketing, fundraising and/or event planning. Candidates should be able to work independently and as a member of a dynamic team. A good sense of humor is a plus!
This unpaid internship position will report jointly to the Directors of Admission and Development and is available to meet undergraduate course requirements. This position is flexible in nature and may include any/all of the following tasks as needs arise and in consideration of the intern’s skills and interests.
ResponsibilitiesFlexible work schedule that can accommodate full-time student schedules, with opportunities ranging from 6-15 hours/week. Typical office setting M-F with potential evening/weekend event work. Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Slonka, Director of Development at email@example.com.
RequirementsGeneral responsibilities include:
• Statistical analysis of Admission and fundraising trends
• Event planning and management, in both Admission and Development/fundraising events throughout the school-year
• Working closely with parents and volunteers in a variety of ways
• Data entry in Filemaker and Raiser’s Edge databases to meet both Admission and Development needs
• Letter writing and management of large-scale school mailings
Core tasks that relate to the Admission office:
• Marketing tasks involving promoting the school and events - online, print
• Writing a school-wide newsletter from classroom blogs
Core tasks that relate to the Development office:
• Developing fundraising strategies to increase Annual Fund revenues from parents, grandparents and alumni
• Develop an Alumni Outreach plan, including a social media campaign
• Drafting grant proposals for support from outside agencies
• Writing gift acknowledgement letters
• Drafting call reports
• Conducting research on potential major gifts prospects
Potential projects related to education:
• Work with Afterschool/Vacation Program/Summer Program
• Edit curriculum documents for early childhood