Development Department InternBookmark This
The Cancer Support Center
2028 Elm Road
DescriptionThe Cancer Support Center, located 23 miles south of Chicago, seeks a 20 hour per week Development Department intern to assist with various Development Department responsibilities at our Homewood, IL location.
The Cancer Support Center is a community-based, volunteer driven, donor-supported organization with a mission to provide comprehensive resources at no charge that help people improve their quality of life during the cancer experience. Our therapists are experts in psycho-social oncology, providing individual, family and group therapy free of charge for anyone going through a cancer experience. Our programs are paid for through donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, and organizations. We receive no federal or state funding.
ResponsibilitiesEvent help is a must but Job responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following. We are willing to work with the intern to craft something that fits their interest and qualifications:
• Assists with all aspects of coordinating, planning & implementing events as assigned.
• Assists with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Provide administrative support as related to events: create Excel files, mail merging correspondence, coordinate mailings, create posters, flyers, etc.
• Assists with community outreach at hospitals, oncology offices, schools and health fairs.
• Provides administrative support organizing outreach materials and data input.
• Assists in updating agency website, some proofreading required.
• Assists in updating The Center’s Facebook page (daily).
• Assists with monthly programs and events press releases.
• Provides administrative support for research on foundations, corporations and individual donors.
• Provides some data entry support for Raiser’s Edge.
Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in applicable field with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must have Microsoft Office experience, desktop publishing skills, a commitment to the mission of The Cancer Support Center and act as an ambassador of the organization.