Crowdfunding Intern with Experience Needed!Save the Water™
Need Volunteers & Artists for QEB FOUNDATION!!!! Its thanksgiving!!!Lumbo Gang Music
Developmental InternThe National Constitution Center
Development InternshipLongwood Symphony Orchestra
Product Development InternStudent Aid Services, Inc.
Development Department InternBookmark This
The Cancer Support Center
2028 Elm Road
DescriptionThe Cancer Support Center, located 23 miles south of Chicago, seeks a 20 hour per week Development Department intern to assist with various Development Department responsibilities at our Homewood, IL location.
The Cancer Support Center is a community-based, volunteer driven, donor-supported organization with a mission to provide comprehensive resources at no charge that help people improve their quality of life during the cancer experience. Our therapists are experts in psycho-social oncology, providing individual, family and group therapy free of charge for anyone going through a cancer experience. Our programs are paid for through donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, and organizations. We receive no federal or state funding.
ResponsibilitiesEvent help is a must but Job responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following. We are willing to work with the intern to craft something that fits their interest and qualifications:
• Assists with all aspects of coordinating, planning & implementing events as assigned.
• Assists with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Provide administrative support as related to events: create Excel files, mail merging correspondence, coordinate mailings, create posters, flyers, etc.
• Assists with community outreach at hospitals, oncology offices, schools and health fairs.
• Provides administrative support organizing outreach materials and data input.
• Assists in updating agency website, some proofreading required.
• Assists in updating The Center’s Facebook page (daily).
• Assists with monthly programs and events press releases.
• Provides administrative support for research on foundations, corporations and individual donors.
• Provides some data entry support for Raiser’s Edge.
Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in applicable field with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must have Microsoft Office experience, desktop publishing skills, a commitment to the mission of The Cancer Support Center and act as an ambassador of the organization.