Development Department - Special Events InternBookmark This
9370 Olive Blvd.
St Louis, MO
DescriptionFounded in 1981, the Alzheimer’s Association St. Louis Chapter has grown from a single support group to the world leader in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The St. Louis Chapter headquarters are located in St. Louis with outreach staff and services in 38 counties eastern Missouri and western Illinois.
Skilled volunteers, Interns and Students join professional staff at every level of service, from office support to public speaking to leadership. Our more than 30 St. Louis Chapter staff members have over 250 years combined experience in dementia care, gerontology and social work.
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's disease.
The Special Events Intern assists the Development team in planning, organization, and execution of the chapter's 6 Walks to End Alzheimer's events in the fall as well as Gala and Reason to Hope special events throughout the year.
The Special Events Intern reports to the Walk Director.
• Complete volunteer application, confidentiality policy, and other paperwork as required by the Alzheimer's Association.
• Attend and assist in the execution of special events.
• Communicate and correspond with representatives from various constituencies, such as team captains, corporate sponsors, and planning committee members
• Update and maintain both paper and electronic files related to event participants, corporate sponsorship, and in-kind donations
• Assist with other development projects as assigned by the Special Events Coordinator or the Director of Development
• Make prospect phone calls
• Attention to detail coupled with an ability to see the “big picture”
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to take initiative
• Flexibility in light of last minute changes to projects or schedules
• Ability to work under pressure or intense deadlines
• Understanding of the Chapter’s mission and programs
• Full understanding and compliance with confidentiality policy
• Completion of Volunteer Basic Training within 90 days of start date