Development (Fundraising) AssociateBookmark This
North American Old Catholic Church
700 Constitution Ave NE, #1622
DescriptionWe are seeking an outgoing, organized Development (Fundraising) Intern to assist the Vicar of Development with fundraising efforts through written solicitations, research of prospective donors, and grant compliance.
This position requires a candidate who is self-motivated, deadline-driven and outgoing, and who possesses strong writing capabilities. Position is non-paid and is set for roughly 24 hours a week.
ResponsibilitiesThe Development Intern will assist with the fundraising efforts, specifically:
- Generate gift acknowledgements.
- Data entry of donations.
- Follow-up with donors via letter and phone.
- Grant compliance.
- Researching prospective donors.
- Assist local ministries with local development opportunities, fundraising, and grant opportunities.
The Development Intern will research, write and submit a grant, taking the grant writing process from beginning to end.
Requirements- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Excellent internet research skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access computer programs preferred.
- Knowledge of interest in progressive spirituality, progressive Christianity, US politics, and current events and issues facing society a plus.