Web DeveloperHindSite Interactive, Inc.
Development InternNational MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
Intern for Music Program in the HamptonsHamptons Music Sessions
Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Development/ Fundraising InternBookmark This
Southern California Foster Family and Adoption Agency
155 N Occidental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Southern California Foster Family and Adoption Agency provides for the well-being of children in our care, and helps them become independent and successful adults.
SCFFAA seeks to provide excellent care, beyond board and shelter, for its children and their families though a spectrum of services including:
Ongoing support and education of families.
Educational and recreational enrichment of the daily lives of children.
Recognition of the milestones and accomplishments in the lives of the children and families.
Recognition of the individuality of the children so that every child achieves his or her potential.
Advancement of the value for diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the agency.
Recognition that programs are dynamic and changing as new approaches materialize.
Children deserve a safe and nurturing environment.
The emotional, physical and developmental needs and interests of each child are paramount when making decisions about their welfare.
The cultural heritage and religion of the child’s birth family is valuable and should be recognized.
Youth deserve the assistance to become successful, independent adults and productive members of the community.
Foster and adoptive parents must be given personal and professional support to be effective in their roles.
Mentors and volunteers must be given personal and professional support in their roles with youth.
Competent, qualified staff are necessary for preparing families to provide excellent foster care or permanent adoptive homes.
Collaborative work with the various social systems is imperative to achieve our vision.
The Agency explores innovative and non-traditional ways to pursue our mission
The Agency, in all aspects of its work, is diverse and inclusive.
The Development Department is an integral part of Southern California Foster Family and Adoption Agency’s (SCFFAA) ability to bring the agency’s programs to as many children, youth and young adults as possible. The Department is responsible for identifying and cultivating potential donors to SCFFAA, soliciting new and continuing gifts, and maintaining and stewarding our existing donors. The Department works with individual donors including adoptive parents, friends of the agency, major donors, foundations, and corporate partners. In this economic climate, nonprofit fundraising is more important than ever, and the development skills you will gain from this internship are in high demand on the job market.
ResponsibilitiesProjects may include, but will not be limited to:
• Facilitate mail and email correspondence with SCFFAA donors and prospective donors
• Track participant donations in donor database and generate acknowledgment letters in a timely manner
• Assist with brainstorming, planning, and implementation of direct mail and email fundraising efforts
• Assist in researching potential funders and finding those whose priorities match SCFFAA’s mission
• General departmental support and packaging of various grant proposals and reports as needed.
• Perform additional tasks to support the Development Department as a whole, as assigned.
Requirements• Strong communication skills; particularly strong writing ability
• Superb attention-to-detail, organization skills, and multi-tasking abilities
• HTML knowledge preferred, but not required
• Interest in Nonprofit Development/Fundraising, Marketing and Sales, or Nonprofit Management.