Development InternBookmark This
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
911 2 Street NE
DescriptionCHCI is sustained by a strong sponsor and donor base that requires expansion and stewardship to maintain and ensure continuing ability to deliver quality programs and operations supporting its mission. Recently CHCI formalized and centralized development functions and strategy by creating a new unit/department. The department has two key focuses: current and short term (1-3 year) revenue; launching and executing a comprehensive capital campaign over the succeeding 36-40 months. This position will play an important and exciting role in support of some strategic initiatives including the following:
This position is available immediately. CHCI is conveniently located near the Capitol and very accessible to public transportation.
We can offer a flexible work schedule and typically ask interns to work a minimum of 20 hours weekly.
The position will also provide the opportunity to participate in the organizations premier events including our annual golf tournament to support our scholarship program and our public policy conference and gala. The internship provides extensive networking opportunities in both the federal and private sectors.
- New Target outreach letters, follow up calls on mtg requests.
- Communication letter merges, labels and mailing
- Populating a better stewardship tracking – to include branding, marketing recognition, access, network connection, concierge services, etc.
- Donor Society members induction and “membership life” tracking (we don’t have one)
- Organizing Partnership documents in a binder (copies of grant submissions, etc.)
- Collecting Alumni success stories – tracking
- Collect basic metrics from programs and media (for grants and sponsorship applications)
Requirements• Experience/ technical aptitude with database software
• Proficiency on all Microsoft Office programs
• Enthusiasm for/knowledge of development/fundraising
• Excellent written and oral communications