Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Development InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River St.
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
The Development Intern reports to the Development Coordinator and should have the capacity to assist with some or all of the tasks listed below:
• Prospect Research
• Special Events Planning and Logistics
• Developing and implementing direct mail fundraising appeals
• Analayse data using Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
Preferred candidates are able to commit 10-15 hours/week.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills and an attention to detail are a must
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong internet research skills. Experience with database software a plus.
• Interest in local food accesss, food justice and urban revitalization
• Holding or pursuing a degree in non-profit management or public administration.