Web DeveloperHindSite Interactive, Inc.
Development InternNational MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
Intern for Music Program in the HamptonsHamptons Music Sessions
Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Development InternBookmark This
Jewish Student Connection
149 Westchester Avenue, Suite 32
Port Chester, NY
Jewish Student Connection (formerly Jewish Student Union) is a national network of more than 65 non-denominational, pluralistic, student-led Jewish clubs based in the nation’s public and secular private high schools reaching close to 4,000 students annually. As an in-school experience where charismatic Educator-Advisors, representing the diversity of Jewish life, provide relevant, topical, fun and cool programs based on Jewish values to teens from all different backgrounds, Jewish Student Connection serves as an opportunity for teens to explore Jewish life, develop self-esteem, self-awareness, and leadership skills and embark on their own Jewish journey.
Jewish Student Connection’s national office is seeking enthusiastic candidates for an internship position focused on development and office management. The intern will assist staff in day-to-day operations including prospective donor research, data management, organizing mailings and publications, fundraising and events management, grant proposal writing, and general office tasks.
Internship begins in summer or fall. Intern must be committed to a minimum of 10 hours per week, excluding Federal and Jewish holidays, for minimum of six months/one academic semester.
By participating in an internship at the Jewish Student Connection, the intern will gain exposure to how a national non-profit organization works, entry into the Jewish youth and non-profit sector, a small team environment in a mid-size organization working with Jewish informal education at public and secular private schools, and programmatic, development, and organizational/donor database skills.
ResponsibilitiesDevelopment/Office Management Responsibilities:
- Assist development team with prospective donor research using online grant database
- Assist Educator-Advisors in communication and outreach to parents and school faculty/administration
- Coordinate semi-annual mailings, including updates to database
- Assist with marketing efforts including social networking, press releases, website updates, and Twitter/Facebook management
- Assist in implementation of fundraising activities and events
- Assist development team in writing grant proposals to prospective funders
- Exhibits strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and social networking skills
- Works well in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Previous/current experience with and understanding of informal education and non-profit settings
- Familiarity or willing to learn and work with online grant database systems, Microsoft office applications, Google applications, and donor databases like Patron Manager
- Treats others with respect, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religious background, or abilities
- Must be pursuing or have earned a bachelor’s degree; students enrolled in relevant graduate programs preferred
- Access to a car preferred but office is located next to Port Chester Metronorth station