Looking for Full Time IOS/Android App DeveloperUniversity Primetime
Zappos Mobile Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Mobile Back End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos iOS Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Development InternBookmark This
Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts
88 Warren Street
Founded in 1917, the Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts (ULEM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, dedicated to building stronger communities by championing civil rights and helping people create a better long-term economic and social future. For 97 years, the ULEM has given hope to local residents in the form of education, job training and placement at no cost.
The ULEM seeks Development Interns to be part of a coordinated Development team raising funds to continue to empower communities while changing lives. Development Interns assist with implementing all aspects of ULEM’s fundraising and marketing plans, including grant writing, reporting, marketing, media, individual donors, events and other tasks as assigned. This position provides a great opportunity for professional growth and will allow the right candidate to use a diverse range of skills and experience, while working as a key member of a collaborative team. Development Interns will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the entire staff.
• Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors;
• Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts;
• Supporting creation and dissemination of ULEM’s annual appeal;
• Assisting with annual application and year round tracking of workplace giving campaigns (e.g., Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and similar state campaigns);
• Assisting with grant application writing and tracking;
• Assisting staff with researching state and federal regulations regarding donor solicitation (e.g., registration with offices in other states) and general development efforts (e.g., raffles, auctions);
• Supporting with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors;
• Tracking and evaluating all development efforts; and
• Other related tasks, as necessary.
RequirementsAn ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment within an organization that is experiencing rapid change and growth, and will:
• Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical, and committed to the mission of ULEM;
• Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented;
• Possess strong proof-reading, editing and writing skills;
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are mandatory;
• Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.);
• Possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Ability to function either independently or as an active team member;
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity;
• Possess an interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising; and