San Jose Jazz Events, Sponsorship & Corporate Engagement Internship Summer Fest 2014San Jose Jazz
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Summer/Fall 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Research and DevelopmentHealth Care Solutions of Delaware Valley
IT/Communications/Computer Systems InternReVolt Wireless
Development InternBookmark This
Casa de Amparo
325 Buena Creek Rd
San Marcos, CA
DescriptionThe primary objective of this internship is to provide support to increase public awareness of Casa de Amparo’s programs and services, to promote funding and community support by carrying out research, using a range of methods, to discover and capture data on local corporate foundations to identify those that would be likely to support Casa de Amparo’s mission, events, and overall fundraising goals.
Responsibilities1. Do internet research on local corporate foundations to identify those that would be likely to support Casa de Amparo’s mission and overall fundraising goals including monetary support, event sponsorships, and donation of materials.
2. Provide Development Manager with weekly prospect reports. Follow-up phone calls to potential donors as needed.
3. Manage and post updates regularly to casadeamparo.org and facebook.com/casadeamparo per frequency specified by Development Manager
4. Through phone calls, internet and library research, provide Development Dept. with comprehensive San Diego County community calendars, focused on north county, to identify opportunities for event postings and fundraising efforts to gather donations to meet the needs of our programs.
5. Have strong organizational skills and time management skills.
6. Take on additional projects as required.
RequirementsWe are looking for a dedicated individual who is interested in learning principles of non-profit/ business development, events planning, cultivate donations, fundraising, community interaction, relationship building and other administrative-level skills. This unpaid internship position will give the right candidate experience in non-profit business development that can lead to new opportunities in the future.
The development intern should have some research experience including online research, coordinating event, mailing campaigns, public speaking, managing/ inputting information into a database, and communication skills both written and oral. Detailed oriented, professional phone demeanor, creative thinker. 8-12 hours a week from home or from our office.
Position is subject to LiveScan/background check clearance; cost will be $96 to applicant.