Development InternBookmark This
Carr Educational Foundation
1005 A St. Suite 204
San Rafael, CA
DescriptionOrganization Description: Carr Educational Foundation is dedicated to providing a quality secondary education to exceptional Kenyan girls because the organization believes that educated girls can transcend poverty and change the world.
Daraja Academy, the foundation’s first project, is an entirely free secondary boarding school in Kenya for girls with exceptional academics and strong leadership skills but no means to continue their education. The academy was recently named a 2012 partner of Nike’s Girl Effect, recognizing Daraja as one of the most innovative organizations focused on conquering gender equality in the world.
Job Description: Carr Educational Foundation is growing rapidly and the staff needs a third person to join the team. The organization is looking for an intern to assist the development and marketing staff in executing and creating successful campaigns that help raise awareness and funding for Daraja Academy.
Interns will get an opportunity to gain nonprofit experience, meet key players in the nonprofit world and learn directly from our development director who has 10+years of fundraising experience. By the end of the internship, the intern will have highly sought-after programs skills in programs such as Salesforce, WordPress and Constant Contact. It is the perfect place to learn and meet globally minded people dedicated to social entrepreneurship!
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include:
• Help implement new donor and volunteer initiatives
• Provide creative and editorial support for donor communications
• Assist in Race for Daraja, the foundation’s major spring campaign with San Francisco’s Bay to Breakers
• Help coordinate local volunteers
• Take a lead for database maintenance and donor thank yous
• Communicate with supporters via telephone, email, and mail
• Desire to work in a start up environment and make an impact within a growing organization
• Well organized and detail-oriented
• Openness to take any projects- no matter how big or small
• Able to provide thoughtful feedback on ideas and projects
• Ability to take initiative
• Strong written, verbal, and editorial capabilities, including precise spelling and grammar
• Experience or strong willingness to learn applications such as Salesforce, Constant Contact, and WordPress
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Prefer a student at an accredited university pursuing either a Bachelors or a Masters degree
• Parking Stipend offered
• Internship is 2-3 days a week with the option of working remotely
• 6-month commitment required
• This is an unpaid internship. School credit may be available.