Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Development InternBookmark This
P O Box 2340
DescriptionEquality Texas envisions a state where all Texans are treated equally, with dignity and respect. Equality Texas is comprised of two components: “Equality Texas Foundation” (C3) educates and engages the public about policies and their effect on gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender Texans, and “Equality Texas” (C4) advocates and lobbies for the elimination of discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. Together, these two entities work to eliminate discrimination and secure full equality for all Texans. Current priorities include building business support for statewide nondiscrimination laws, working to pass nondiscrimination ordinances at the municipal level, and amplifying the discussion of why marriage matters for Texans.
Fundraising and marketing are critical to the success of this work. The development and marketing intern will expand fundraising and marketing opportunities through assisting with data management, donor solicitation and stewardship, event planning, identifying beneficiary opportunities, and other assignments as needed to ensure organizational success.
The Equality Texas office is located in downtown Austin within walking distance to the State Capitol. The office is a friendly and fun place to work. Internships with the Development Department offer you a chance to make a difference while you build your experience and résumé.
• Assist with cleansing donor data between financial and donor management software
• Research grant and community beneficiary opportunities
• Support state-wide and Austin fundraising events as needed
• Solicit and steward donors through email, phone, and other opportunities
• Promote the organization through social media
• Other duties as assigned
• Pursuing BA/BS at four-year accredited college or university in Austin
• Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class levels
• An interest in working to end LGBT discrimination in the state of Texas
• Preferred knowledge of the political scene in Texas
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Comfort working in a team and taking direction from a supervisor
• Preferred knowledge of graphic design
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, two professional references, and two writing samples to Lauren Zurbrügg, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate why you would be a good fit for this internship, as well as the days and hours you are available to work.