Development InternBookmark This
iGlow Mentoring is a non-profit organization that seeks to effect change in young women by renewing minds, restoring values, and Inspiring Girls to Lead Our World.
An internship at iGlow Mentoring will be a great learning experience for anyone interested in marketing, publicity, non-profit development, event coordination, management, creative writing and business.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be expected to assist with the following tasks while gaining hands-on experience and training in the work of a non-profit organization:
• You will be expected to assist with the following tasks while gaining hands-on experience and training in the work of a non-profit organization:
• Help implement new development donor initiatives
• Provide editorial support for major gift donor communications
• Help coordinate face to face visits with local major gift donors
• Assist in database maintenance
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors to the Foundation
• Assist in designing outreach and marketing materials
• Help organize and coordinate events
• Prepare drafts of grant proposals and reports
• Communicating with donors via telephone, email, and mail
• Assist in researching potential funders and finding those whose priorities match StoryCorps’ mission
• General departmental support and packaging of various grant proposals and reports as needed
• Perform additional tasks to support the Development Department as a whole, as assigned.
• Track participant donations in donor database and generate acknowledgment letters in a timely manner
• Assist with brainstorming, planning, and implementation of direct mail and email fundraising efforts
• Researching and maintaining a database of pending deadlines for foundation and community-based grants
comfortable with conducting online research to identify possible funding opportunities.
How to Apply:
To apply send all required materials listed below to email@example.com:
*Two references (not family)
*Brief statement explaining why you would like to intern with iGlow Mentoring and what you expect to get from this internship? (no more than 250 words)
Requirements• Strong communication skills; particularly strong writing ability
• Superb attention-to-detail, organization skills, and multi-tasking abilities
• Strong commitment to the mission and core principles of iGlow Mentoring along with strong interest in development and administration
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) and internet research
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Effective and decisive when faced with organization issues and opportunities
• Self-confidence, flexibility, and creativity
• Organizational skills, including self-motivation and attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and adapt in fast-paced environment
• An understanding of how online grassroots fundraising works is very important.
• An ability to identify and take the initiative on self-directed projects is highly preferred
• Demonstrated leadership experience and a self-starter attitude
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Good quantitative and problem solving skills with strong attention to details