International Development InternshipAltios International
Mobile Ap Developer (2)The Savane Group
Content Marketing Developer and Media TechnologistBeantown Media Ventures, LLC.
Project Development and Research InternMississippi Consortium for International Development
Corporate Training and Development InternshipCorporate Learning Institute
Development InternBookmark This
Safe Kids Worldwide
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 1000
DescriptionSafe Kids Worldwide is a global network of organizations dedicated to protecting children from unintentional injuries, the #1 killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 600 coalitions in the U.S. and in 23 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drowning, falls, burns, poisonings and more. Since 1988, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 55 percent.
Safe Kids Worldwide is accepting applications from current undergraduate students or recent graduates interested in development and fundraising, especially in relation to children and public health. This unpaid internship is a part or full-time position (20-40 hours/week), depending on availability. Terms are at least 6 weeks in duration and open to longer time commitments. The internship can begin as early as July 1, 2013, and may serve as a student's independent study for credit.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will support the work of the Development Department in the following ways:
• Providing background research and memos relating to current development efforts, both domestically and globally
• Assisting in coordination and implementation of new community engagement tool, Team Safe Kids
• Assisting in coordination, planning, and strategy surrounding Marine Corps Marathon team
• Assisting in coordination, planning, and strategy surrounding Safe Kids Day 2014
• Researching and submitting applications for recognition of current partners and programs
• Maintaining and updating contacts in Raiser’s Edge
Through the internship, the intern will gain:
• Knowledge of strategy involved in growing non-profit capacity at global, national, and local levels
• Insight into the entire life cycle of donor engagement- research, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
• Insight into the tools, resources, and trainings necessary to help make local fundraising initiatives effective
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
RequirementsSkills and Qualifications:
• Detail-oriented work style
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work both independently and in teams
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus
• Ability to work 20-40 hours/week for at least 6 weeks