Development Fundraising and Events InternshipBookmark This
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Posted: 516 days ago
The Fundraising and Events Intern will gain a broad understanding of all aspects of a highly developed fundraising and membership operation. Areas of focus include individual, corporate, foundation and government giving programs, annual and major fundraising, membership, research, database management, and general office management. The candidate will also build an understanding of the creation and execution of a variety of fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events. These skills, which are the foundation of any fundraising position, will help you to understand how development and external affairs departments work. Many of our previous interns have won excellent full-time paid positions after working with us—some right here at The Franklin Institute.
Responsibilities will include:
• Compose letters, reports, and memos for both internal and external audiences in support of a variety of programs and events
• Assist with event planning tasks such as assembling invitations, prepping leadership, and day of event duties
• Provide office support to team members (filing, assembling mailings, note taking, etc.)
• Research and compose reports on a variety of topics related to grant proposals, prospecting, event planning, etc.
• Prep and proofread a variety of materials to assist development officers with solicitations and meeting preparation
Educational Requirements: Must be currently enrolled in a college program and must be working for college credit.
Special Skills Required:
• Detail oriented, motivated and organized
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High level of computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office; experience using databases is helpful but not required
• Cooperative attitude and ability to perform tasks with little supervision required
• Strong desire to be part of one of the best Development Teams in Philadelphia
Must be available a minimum of 16 hours per week during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm). Some evenings and early mornings will be required. Specific days and hours will be mutually agreed upon at a later date.
Position Reports To: Assistant Director of Development Operations and Research
To apply for this position, please contact The Franklin Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-448-1163 to request an application.