Development Internship (Summer 2014)Bookmark This
International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
194 Bellevue Avenue
DescriptionThe Development Intern will work with the development staff and assist with the execution of daily projects, such as, accurate and prompt recording of gifts, fulfillment of benefits, membership cards and materials, renewals, direct mail program and personal and telephone solicitations pertaining to development events.
• Assist with direct mail marketing and fundraising program
• Collaborate with the Director of Membership & Annual Giving to develop and implement strategies to attract new donors to grow the membership program. Cultivate and steward existing donors
• Assist with all fundraising events and projects with focus on donor relations. Assist with special events logistics and execution as directed
• Learn membership software Raiser’s Edge
• Assist with website updates and creative marketing
• Online research
• Willingness and ability to travel and work extra hours as required.
RequirementsSKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher, and/or Power Point a plus.
• Excellent communication skills. Position requires telephone and in-person communication with donors and other constituents
• A results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well people
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
• Excellent online research skills
Interns are accepted year-round. The focus of the work and time commitment required will be somewhat dictated by the time of the year.
• Summer: Beginning mid-May and running through August 20; Must be available daily from June 1 – July 15; Must be willing to work nights and evenings; ITHF can be flexible on start and end dates, but requires strong commitment during peak tournament season of June 1 – July 15.
• Interns must be receiving college credit to be eligible for this position.
• Upon proof of enrollment in a college course, interns will be paid a stipend of $20 per day.
• Should a student have interest in this position, but not be enrolled in a class for college credit, the ITHF would consider making the position available in a volunteer capacity.