Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Development Program Assistant InternBookmark This
Pesticide Action Network North America
1611 Telegraph Ave., Suite 1200
DescriptionThis position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in a dedicated and fast-paced development department. The Development Intern reports to the Membership Coordinator and works closely with other members of the Development Department and Administrative staff on various aspects of nonprofit fundraising including: membership processing and data entry, special events, business supporter research and proposals, state registration, EarthShare registration, grants and foundation research, major donor prospecting, and direct mail appeals.
We prefer to have interns that can commit to 15 hours per week, however schedules are somewhat flexible. For this position, preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit at least 4 months.
Most work will occur in the San Francisco office. There may be some opportunity for work at home if desired.
• Update and maintain donor information in PAN’s Salesforce database. This includes making address changes, linking donor records, combining duplicate records, identifying and correcting data entry errors
• Assist with processing and packaging donor acknowledgements and materials
• Use online resources for donor and event research
• Assist with state charitable registrations and EarthShare (workplace giving) campaign applications
• Assist with foundation and grant research
• Assist in other department and office support activities, as needed
• Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently
• Ability to work both independently and with supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Proficient in basic computer skills: MS Office
• Experience using databases, Mac-based operating systems, and internet research preferred
• Previous administrative experience, interest in development activities, and commitment to progressive causes preferred
Benefits There is no stipend associated with most intern positions at PAN; however, we do reimburse any local commuting costs. Benefits include:
• Strengthened development knowledge and skills
• Better connected to individuals within the field
• Increased understanding of pesticide issues
• Exposed to an established non-profit structure
How to Apply
Submit the following to email@example.com:
• A cover letter indicating that you wish to apply for the Development Department Internship. Include why you want to work with PANNA and what experience/skills you hope to gain, your available dates, number of hours per week you wish to work. Please include where you learned of the position and how a Development Internship can benefit your future career goals.
• A current resume highlighting the experience and/or coursework relevant to the position
• Contact information for two references (name, phone, e-mail, relationship)