Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Development and Operations InternBookmark This
The Akshaya Patra Foundation
92 Montvale Ave., Suite 2500
DescriptionAkshaya Patra Foundation US www.foodforeducation.org is offering a number of exciting internship opportunities for motivated students and young professionals. Please contact us if you are interested. Email a cover letter indicating which role you are interested in and resume to Kerry Markey, Director, Grassroots Development and Media Relations, email@example.com
Akshaya Patra internship positions are a great opportunity to join a dynamic start-up non-profit organization and to be involved with one of the world’s largest midday school lunch program currently serving over 1.3 million children a freshly prepared meal daily in India. These internships will be based out of our Stoneham, MA office.
Akshaya Patra Foundation, seeks dynamic and experienced interns to assist in Development, Operations, Event Planning, and Communications. This position requires individuals who are dynamic self-starters and those who need very little monitoring to effectively execute in an entrepreneurial environment. Successful applicants should have strong interpersonal skills, good and polite phone etiquette, ability to raise awareness about the cause and fundraise, and excellent writing and research skills. The position involves the opportunity to develop a deep knowledge of the organization's data management system and help refine its processes, as well as the opportunity to work on special projects for the CEO and the rest of the staff.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will be responsible for a variety of projects related to furthering Akshaya Patra’s brand, knowledge sharing, and overall public presence. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Online marketing (Web site content management, social media, follow-up emails).
• Making youtube/vimeo movies for campaigns.
• Content Management (writing, editing, proofreading, laying out of documents for print and web publishing).
• Department Operations (organizing/managing paper and electronic files, database management, marketing material requests, thank you emails and year-end letters summarizing the accomplishments).
• Development Research (corporations and high net worth individuals)
• Event Planning (logistics, fundraising, technical assistance, design concept, etc…)
• A goal-oriented work style, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the table, and learn in an intellectually challenging environment
• A team player, who pitches in to help others or to take on additional responsibilities as needed
• Ability to convey ideas clearly through written and spoken communications
• Knowledge of Excel, Salesforce and basic programming is a plus.
• Knowledge of Dreamweaver, HTML, Drupal is a plus but not required
• Interns will need to come into Stoneham location