Development/Grants Intern--Spring 2014Bookmark This
Childspring International Inc.
1328 Peachtree St NE
DescriptionThe Development/Grants Intern is a researcher and writer of funding proposals, applications, letters of intent and reports to foundation, corporate, NGO and government grant makers.
Goals and Objectives:
• Qualify prospective funders, analyze the fit between the program/funder and recommend strategies for grant opportunities
• Work collaboratively with Program department to develop, analyze, and coordinate program/project budgets, descriptions, activities, and timelines
• Assist Program staff to design programs that meet the requirements of specific request including the creation of measurable outcomes
• Act as a liaison and nurture and maintain positive working relationships with funders. Proactively contact approved funders to obtain additional information for proposal submission, clarify guidelines and request feedback on declined proposals.
• Attend applicant workshops in person or via conference call or webinar.
Internship can be full-time or part-time and typically involves a 20-25 hour week commitment. Part-time students must be able to work within a consistent schedule.
Internship opportunities are available year round but typically following a school calendar: Session I (January - April), Session II (May - August), Session III (September – December)
ResponsibilitiesAssist Executive Director in the following areas:
• Research and write funding proposals, application, and letters of intent
• Visit The Foundation Center frequently to research applicable grants and foundations
• Maintain database with donor files, foundations, requirements, and deadlines
• Network (by phone, email, or in person) with organizations to create partnerships between funders and Childspring
• Day-to-day operations as requested by Executive Director
• Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks
• Working on or have obtained a college degree (preferably in journalism, English, creative writing or related field)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet
• Strong initiative and follow-through