Domus Development Summer InternBookmark This
83 Lockwood Avenue
DescriptionSince 1972, Domus has helped thousands of our region’s most vulnerable youth and their families experience success. The love, structure, and support we provide at our charter schools, residential programs, and community programs enable our kids and families to reach their full potential. Our ability to build relationships helps kids and families who may be struggling in school or in life focus on their strengths and make good choices.
Our approach focuses on key life transitions—moving from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to skilled work, college, or vocational programs—which are critical to future success but are also when youth are most vulnerable.
Internship opportunities may include the following: research, analysis, review, program development, logistical, marketing, web, and administrative support. Visit our website for details.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
• Clean up and explore ways to improve donor and volunteer database records
• Research potential donors using Relationship Science and internet (training provided)
• Conduct research on current social issues impacting our youth and their families
• Collect information packets from top-notch organizations and recommend improvements to our info packet based on those findings
• Improve our existing social media, e-marketing, and online presences by examining best practices, current trends, and emerging technologies and practices
• Raise awareness of our work by researching and communicating with organizations (such as service and fraternal organizations) where Domus could speak
• Design fliers and other marketing materials for events such as the NINER and holidays
• Learn about the development, writing, packaging, and submission of grant proposals by preparing at least one grant
• Help with website design and management
• Internship position will also have its share of busy work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like data entry
• Plan/coordinate mentor networking activities
• Create a web-enabled volunteer intake form
• Research and compile a list of resources for volunteers (YouTube, TedX, publications, etc.)
• Assemble calendar of volunteer trainings
• Keep the Lockwood building’s free book cart neat, filled, and enticing
• Research and report out on other volunteer programs: Are there other programs that customize the experience to the extent we do? If so, what are the similarities/differences?
• Support satellite volunteer programs as time permits
• Committed to Domus core principles and Sanctuary Model® commitments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Self-motivated, independent, and organized
• Comfortable conducting online research
• Computer-based design skills preferred
• Concern for the population we serve